Tearing Hearts Apart
You took me,
For granted,
Now this is where our story ends.
No happy endings here.
I could never be,
The man that you
So desperately wanted me to be.
‘Cause that’s not who I am.
I’ve been there, I’ve survived.
I’ll always have my pride...
Just take the pain away,
Tearing hearts apart in your wake.
Why is it when my dream ends
It’s your face that remains?
I won’t waste myself on you,
No more oh woh oh oh...
No more...
Our moment’s gone,
I’m not here for your use
Anymore.
Don’t look at me
Like the play thing that I once
Used to be.
I am my own man,
I’m the one who controls
My destiny.
Not you,
Or any other girl who thinks
They can toy with me.
I noticed you really like this theme for songs, which is good because there is a powerful message behind it.
ReplyDeleteI was thinking it would be awesome if you posted some audio clips along with the lyrics, if you have the time of course. Would really help bring the words to life.
Thanks Chris, and you're right. I definitely was thinking of posting some, but it takes time as you said so that may have to stay on the backburner for a while.
ReplyDeleteyou can connect your Youtube channel to the blog. that way people can check out anything you might have already or come up with.
ReplyDeleteI don't wanna put lyrics and audio on youtube. If you read the terms, they own everything posted to a video, and have exclusive rights to use them in any way they want. Thanks though bud.
ReplyDeleteyou are right about youtube but the same is true for facebook. I think it's legal stuff they have to say. in reality, they are cheap and easy ways to get a listenership. If you want to get your stuff out there, social media makes it easy:)
ReplyDelete