Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Newer Song

This week, when Ms. Cat's friend Lindy (the singer/song writer) came to class, I really liked his songs and his writing style.  What he told us about inspiration was kind of ironic seeing as when I went home, I was just noodling on my acoustic and came up with this riff that I liked.  I took this riff, wrote some lyrics, which are not complete as of yet, and here is what I have. 


Verse:

Am
You took me
C
For granted
Dm                E                          Am      C
Now this is where our story ends
     Dm                      E
No happy endings here

Am          C
I’ll never ever be
Dm                   E
The man that you
                           Am                  C
So desperately wanted me to be
           Dm                       E
Cause that’s not who I am

Bridge:

F                           G
I’ve been there, I’ve survived
C               E
I’ll always have my pride

Chorus:

F                     G
Just take the pain away
C            Am                F            G
Tearing hearts apart in your wake
...

And that's the thing about sudden inspiration...you never end up finishing a chorus...well, just in my case anyways! :P

1 comment: