Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Issues

This week, when we were doing our poetry stations, I wrote a poem that I thought was alright. From all the depressing lyrics and poems on this blog, most people probably think I should take a trip to guidance, but that is not the case. I write darker poems, songs, stories, etc. because it just comes more easily to me. I find, that even if some people don't like my writing, that my dark and depressing work just seems more meaningful. If not to them, then to me. I write for myself; it is an escape for me. I can get through the stress of everyday life by writing and playing the music I love. Anyways, without further ado, the revised short poem from class! (I may include it in my anthology)

Issues

With the bitter memories
of love's despondent past,

Yesterday is gone, and
we try to live for tomorrow.

But a lie is not so
easily forgotten...

Unlike the trust that
I so readily gave to you.

4 comments:

  1. Really like that you didn't restrict yourself to one rythym or forced yourself to rhyme. Effective, depressing, but effective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the concept of your poem and maybe its late but when you mention yesterday/ tomorrow, it really threw me off about what the poem is about. Sorry if that seems critical I'm just trying to give you advice. :( Overall, I really like that line and maybe you can use that in another poem?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Chris, and I don't see how it would throw you off really, but I guess I could work on clarifying that in future posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. depressing is easier to write than happy. Lindy says the hardest thing to write is a poem for the woman you love, when she loves you back.

    I always say rain makes me feel like writing more than sunshine does. Maybe that's because we get reflective more when we are sad...and we need to share or get it off our chest....writing is great for that!

    ReplyDelete